We have two Tokyo furnished properties: a private apartment with kitchen and bathroom that accommodates five people; and private rooms (shared bathroom) on the second floor of our house where we can accommodate up to six guests. Those private rooms can be rented separately at an attractive rate, or as a two-room package for a single group. 25% DISCOUNT OFFER now running through till the end of March 2020, and we still have availability.
Enter coupon code 25OFFANR for an instant 25% off stays through March 2020 at https://www.placetostayintokyo.com/apartment and https://www.placetostayintokyo.com/2-room-package. No special conditions. We have space available in every month at both properties. Sorry, but this discount cannot be added to existing discounts for long stays. You can choose whichever discount is biggest.
This ad is for two clean, bright, aircon rooms for up to six guests on the second floor (one up from the ground floor) of a modern house in a residential area of Katsushika, eastern Tokyo. (Two rooms' floor area 20sqm+) Real beds with soft, interior-sprung mattresses. (GO DIRECTLY TO WWW.PLACETOSTAYINTOKYO.COM/ROOMS to check out the sleeping arrangements, see details of pricing and more. The price depends on occupancy and season. We're flexible.) The railway station is only a five-minute walk away. Tokyo Skytree can be reached in five minutes on a train. Easy link to airports and Tokyo Disney Resort. Fast free wifi, food-preparation area with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle. All furnishings, fittings bought new. Shops, 24-hr stores, eateries in walking distance. Tokyo spots you can't reach on foot only minutes away by train.
We, the owners, are British and Japanese. We live with our dogs and cats in a separate, enclosed area on the ground floor. As we are in Tokyo, we are a little wary of phone calls from inquirers overseas at 3am our time, so the phone number will not be available until after we receive initial contact by email. Email us first, please.
The toilet and separate shower/bath/laundry area are on the ground level. The doors are labelled. We only ever host one party of guests at a time, so you will share amenities only with the owners.
Bedroom #1 has two single beds as well as a futon bed, nightstands, a food-preparation area, mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, small folding table, and seats. Disposable microwaveable plates and bowls, cups, and cutlery, as well as tea, coffee, sugar, creamer and potable water, are supplied. There is a walk-in wardrobe and dress mirror, and a clothes-hanging rail inside the room and outside on our deck for laundry drying. (If you give us permission, we will bring your laundry in if it rains while we're home.)
Bedroom #2 has a double bed and a sofa-bed, as well as nightstand and coffee table. There is a double-door built-in wardrobe.
All furnishings, fittings, bedding bought new. Not secondhand.
24-hour keyless entry to the house is via a digital code entered on an exterior push-button door panel. (Entry code and usage instructions supplied by message before arrival. Code will not be activated before check-in time.)
Umbrella stand on the porch step, outside the door. Designated cupboard/shelf space to hang your coat and store your outdoor shoes is just inside the door. It is labelled. Help yourself to clean house slippers from the cupboard.
Access to the Internet via secure wireless broadband connection. [Password supplied after reservation and in print inside the room(s).]
Printed translation to English supplied for usage of all Japanese appliances.
Access to a shared jacuzzi-jet bath/shower room and wash basin, all with hot and cold water. Separate toilet with heated seat and personal-hygiene water-jet washlet. Access to a clothes-washing machine. (Help yourself to laundry powder and softener.) There is a laundry-hanging area outside on our deck.
Interaction with guests
Happy to chat and offer advice and ideas if we have experience that will help. We can usually give accurate directions to get you from A to B. That sometimes takes a few minutes, as we might have to look up the info ourselves. But we're good at tracking down the info you need, so don't be shy to ask.
About the area
The property is located in a quiet residential area of Katsushika Ward, eastern Tokyo, Japan.
We will send you a URL for a multilingual tourism website that tells you what's in our area, other parts of Tokyo, and all over Japan. We will provide a link to our own local area guide. There are various restaurants, bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, and a 24-hour supermarket in walking distance. There are English-speaking medical, dental, and prescription pharmacy options, if you need them. We are only three minutes from a riverside park that offers sunset views with Tokyo Skytree in the landscape. The riverside has paved paths that are popular with cyclists, walkers and runners. You can also see Mount Fuji from there on a clear, winter day. We're in a spot that facilitates hops to any part of Tokyo that takes your fancy, including Disney Resort.
Five-minute walk from Yotsugi railway station on the Keisei-Oshiage line. 1.4km from the Yotsugi interchange on the Central Circular Route (C2) of the Metropolitan Expressway. A 'Disney special' expressway bus leaves for Tokyo Disney Resort 19 times a day, between 6am and 10pm, from a departure point just 15 minutes away. Fares: Adult 720 yen; Child 360 yen. By train: Haneda Airport (direct) 51min, Narita Airport 56min, Tokyo Station 30min, Disney Resort 40+min, Akihabara 22min/Asakusa 8min/Tsukiji 32min/Ginza 26min/Ueno 20min/Roppongi 37min/Shinjuku 37min/Shibuya 40min. We will send you URL links for websites with good resources for train-journey planning and booking a taxi in English.
NOTE: WE DON'T POST A WORKING PHONE NUMBER HERE BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT INTERNATIONAL CALLS TO WAKE US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. YOU CAN FIND A URL TO CONTACT US AT THE FOOT OF THIS AD. AT OUR WEBSITE YOU CAN FIND URLs LINKING TO OUR LISTINGS AT MAJOR LISTING SITES WHERE WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS.
...And House Policies
* OUR PAYMENT TERMS ARE 15% NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AT THE TIME OF BOOKING AND THE BALANCE 42 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL. YOU MAY CANCEL WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGE AT ANY TIME UP TO 42 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL. IF YOU BOOK WITHIN 42 DAYS OF ARRIVAL, THE DEPOSIT WILL BE 100%. IF YOU CANCEL WITHIN 42 DAYS OF ARRIVAL, THE CANCELLATION PENALTY WILL BE 100%. NO REFUNDS FOR NO SHOWS. WE HAVE OUR OWN BOOKING PAYMENT SYSTEM. WE WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL WITH A LINK TO FACILITATE SCHEDULING AND PAYMENT BY CARD OR PAYPAL.
* A refundable security/damage deposit of ¥20,000 JPY will need to be reserved (not actually charged) on your credit card or PayPal around the time of check-in.
* Our own rental agreement will require your digital signature as part of the booking procedure.
* No pets
* Make sure you are at the right house before you ring the doorbell. (We don't need to upset our neighbours.) Our house has the address posted outside in three separate places.
* Check in from 2pm. Check out by 11am. (It is possible we can be flexible if you tell us any special needs in advance.)
* Please remove your shoes inside the door (Clean house slippers supplied)
* Please close the windows at night and keep the noise down
* No parties
* ADDITIONAL GUESTS: Additional guests who are not included in the reservation and arrive at our property without agreement in advance will be charged at a rate 50% higher than our regular rate for extra guests.
* A maximum of two infants (children aged under two years) accepted at no extra charge
* No recreational drugs (Let's not get arrested... Well, it's not so much the arrest that hurts; It's the jail time and having to sit through hours of video lectures to teach you the errors of your ways.)
* No smoking in the house
* Please switch off the air conditioning and lights, and lock the external door when you go out
* Please sort waste items into the correct containers, and DO NOT MOVE WASTE TO THE STREET OR OTHER PUBLIC AREAS. ASK THE OWNERS TO COLLECT IT. If you fail to follow this rule, you may be charged an excess cleaning fee
* Last rule is don't worry. We're not really that bossy :-)
You must also acknowledge
Pets live on property - Two dogs and cats. Contained in the owners' separate living area. Not permitted to roam the house.
No parking on property - No problem with stopping a vehicle right outside our door to alight and unload luggage. There are longer-term paid parking spaces a short walk away.
Must climb stairs - From ground level to the next floor.
Some spaces are shared - Bathroom and toilet are shared only with the hosts. We strive to give guests priority. Never any problem. We host only one group of guests at a time.
Enter coupon code 25OFFANR for an instant 25% off stays in Tokyo through March 2020 at https://www.placetostayintokyo.com/apartment and https://www.placetostayintokyo.com/2-room-package. No special conditions. We have space available in every month at both properties. Sorry, but this discount cannot be added to existing discounts for long stays. You can choose whichever discount is biggest.
Check In/Out Details:
Check-in 1400 - Check-out 1100
Smoking: No Smoking
Asakusa Sensoji temple -- Tokyo Skytree. Anything in Tokyo and suburbs can be reached in minutes by train. Even Osaka is a day trip on a shinkansen.
Near the Arakawa River